Wednesday, August 20, 2008

THE FICKLE FINGER OF FAY

She may be just a Tropical Storm, but she sure looks like a hurricane to me.  Yes, Fay moved inland and gained strength.  That is not suppose to happen.  Fay has been off the east coast of Florida today.  Winding up, no doubt.

 

This was yesterday....

    

 

 

Today....

 

 

This one shows the feeder bands and that big blob of yellow in the Gulf is what we had this evening.

 

She is loopin around and coming back at us.  The "Storm Man" is on the local news right now and it looks like it'll  hit one county up.  It's always a wait & see game. 

 

And watching the drama on the Weather Channel can make one reach for tranquilers.  Oh, the DRAMA!!

 

My daughter called me Sunday night and asked if I was nervous and if I was packed.  No, I don't get nervous.  If I have to leave, I have to leave.  Packed?  I pack a bag the 1st of June with my photos and important papers and there they stay until November 15th.  This was just the first storm of the season.  We'll have more.

 

In the winter Florida is a really nice place to be.  But, we do have a trade off for living in paradise.   Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, and Tornadoes.  At least we know when the bad weather is coming and we can head for the hills!

Or just order room service....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck.  I'm watching from my safe place up town.     DB

Anonymous said...

Fay will be moving west, hopefully out of range for you. Keep safe.

Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip/

Anonymous said...

I've known two actual people named Fay....and they were both nutcases.  Hmmm

xx
Russ

Anonymous said...

You can take Guidos word--he's our watchtower and he knows the weather better than the weathermen!!

Anonymous said...

Seems there is always a trade off isn't there.  I guess we are actually supposed to get some of Fay's effects this weekend, just rain, and we need it.
xx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hear ya sister! I hate this time of year...
Lyn