Saturday, August 9, 2008

MY CORNER

       This was an assignment for my "LearnPSP Group"

 

Hi Everyone!

 

I've been so lax in journaling lately & I'm feeling a wee bit guilty about it.  There was a bit of talk and drama here at Bay Aire.  And "I" am accused of a person's pain.  I'm not ready to talk about it.  But when I am, I will.   Other that that..things are very quiet at Bay Aire the past couple of weeks. 

 

"Pork-man" drove me up in Tarpon Springs today.  I  needed items at Ace Hardware & General dollar and the weather report said we were to have thunderstorms and rain all weekend.  As it turned out it was a beautiful sunny day.  Just a couple of 10 minute rain showers in the morning. 

 

 

I picked up more cat box liners! Oh I love those things.  Although Mau'i is spending most of her mornings & evenings out doors and has only used the indoor box 3 times in 2 weeks.

 

When I take Jazzy out for a walk I feel like the Pied Piper.  Mau'i follows us on our walks around the block.  The RV Park has a 10 foot fence around it and a 5 mph speed limit so it is pretty safe in here for her.     I saw her siblings the other night.  Ingrid has been feeding them.  She insisits that the other four kits are all boys.  They hang out on her porch, but are not "pet-able".  I saw them the other night.  They are all much bigger than Mau'i though.

 

About "Pork-man".  He doesn't ask me out, but offers to help me withthings for time to time beacuse as he says it, "We are friends".  I'm fine with that.  I like my routine.  I like "my girls", I like my corner of the world.  I am content.    "Pork-man" is a very straight Republican. McCaine all the way. Me? I am quite liberal.  Our politics and mode of thinking comes from 2 different places. I  did treat him to lunch today at my favorite Greek/Mediterranean Deli.  I had 5 stuffed grape leaves (3 with meat, 2 vegetarian) and touboli.  Pkman had the Meditarranean platter with grape leaves, hummus, an eggplant mix, cucumber with sour cream and felofa (sp) and pita bread.  OMG-it was so good.  And I think I adherred to my diet as well. 

 

Every weekend I've been getting my DvD's from NetFlix.  I've watched the entire season 1 of "The Tudors" and "Mad Men".  Seen "I am Legend".  Tonight after the Olympics I have Attonement and an oldie, "Memoirs of a Geisha".

 

 Well, that's about it for "My little corner of the World" Have a great weekend you all!

 

             Hmmmm?  I guess I forgot my watermark on this one.        

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your trouble :( but I'm glad you seemed to have had a good day :)   Your fairy graphic is very pretty!  LOL at Jazzy, you and Maui on your walk, reminds me of a dog I had back in the early 90's... and the cats that followed.  Blessings* Teresa

http://journals.aol.com/stetsonsfyre/remembering-to-exhale/

Anonymous said...

I used to use those litter box liners too, but Mona is not declawed and she kept tearing the bags up! LOL

I joined your Learn PSP group.  I figured that I could always learn so new things.

Enjoy your Sunday.
Missie

Anonymous said...

First of all that tag is awesome!!!
Second-I am sure you did not do 'whatever 'to hurt someones feelings -that just ain't you.....
Thirdly-if the siblings of Miss Maui are larger then her - they probably are male..............
Miss Maui is fine the way she is-she BE a lady,LOL////

Haven't been on much --been at BILs calling hours and funeral-why is it it's called
FUN eral??It sure ain't fun!!
I want mine to be fun play 'Look what the cat dragged in ' and everyone wears party hats and blows those damn wizzers,LOL
Love ya foxie
~c~

Anonymous said...

Tags are great.  I forget my watermark half the time...lol.  Sorry you are having drama Bethe.  I hate drama.  So upsetting.  Porkman and I would get along well.  I also am a dedicated Republican.  Scrugging...oh well, that's what makes the world go 'round.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

If Pork Man is a republican then you should be careful around him.  McCain suporters are unstable!  ;)  

Hugs to you and Maui,
Russ

Anonymous said...

Don't you love the lets just be friends type?  Grrrrrr...   Maui sure sounds like she is a great cat.  My Tiger follows me all around if I go for a walk in the park too.  Linda

Anonymous said...

your tags are great Bethe....   'just friends' eh?  If it makes you happy and comfy go with it.   Hope that drama goes away
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

I watched Memoirs of a geisha the other weekend and found it quite good.  I also watched an episode of the Tudors second series friday night and I kinda wished I had started watching from the beginning.  Bless Mau'i following you on your walks.  Sorry to hear about your news :(  I hope things go okay for you Bethe xx

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Bethe, I hope all works out for you.  I hate to be the center of drama but it happens.  I'll keep you in my thoughts.  I am chuckling at Maui following you and Jazzy.  My kids call me the Pied Piper at dinner; the dog and cat are right by me.  The dog will listen but Mocha...no way.  A guy at work lent me the I Am Legend DVD...really liked it.  I would love to rent The Tudors.  Take care!  HUGS Chris

Anonymous said...

mmmm sounds like a great lunch!  I love hummus!