Sunday, August 24, 2008

OLYMPICS~THE END

 
 
 
I can't believe the summer Olympics is over.  My hope it is that they will find that the controversy over the age of the Chinese Women's Gymnastics team is resolved.  Of course by the time is it, the U.S. women would have lost their golden moment in the sun. 
 
I can't believe it is still raining.  Fay, Fay go away! Fay has been to the south of us, the east of us, and the north.  We've had 2-3 inches a day last Sunday.  Those feeder bands blowing through every couple of hours is sure getting tedious.  It's raining with sharp thunder right now.  I was able to take the tarps off my outdoor furniture to let the patio dry for a couple of hours.
 
I can't believe my next door neighbor left Tennessee & drove thru Fay to come to Florida to take her 5th wheel back there.  She wants to sell it & wants $30,000 for it.  It's the best set up I've ever seen, but the market has dropped out of the RV business.  She is giving me her wooden deck. The one her son who is in construction built.  And it IS built to last 100 yrs!   Now I have to figure out how to move it.  I think I'll have to partially dissemble it.  Totally, if i cant round up a few good men to help move it.   I can work a drill to remove the screws then move the planks of wood over to my lot one by one.  I'll have my Sharpie handy to number each piece to reassemble.   One think is for sure.  I have to have it done before HillBilly Bobby (the RV Park Grounds manager) gets back from Kentucky.  He'd tell me it won't fit my lot just so he can take it and sell it.  As he has done with so many others.
 
Took a break from writing this entry  to take Neighbor Nancy's 4yr old great grandson and their 12 week old Bull Mastiff puppy for a walk around the block after the shower.  Ugh!  We got caught in another down pour.  Lightening, thunder, drenching rain.  We had to run to get back to the RV's.
 
Bull Dozer, the Bull Mastiff puppy is 12 weeks old, 25 solid pounds & a head taller than Jazzy.  He wanted to play and poor Jazz tried to let him know with nip that she was just not going to put up with his roughness.  Of course, he thought it was all a game and lots of fun!
 
 
BLINKY THEMES THIS WEEK
 
BUTTERFLIES~  
 
      
 
  
 
 
 
DOGS~
 
 
 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

watching the closing ceremonies now....   never seems to last long enough.  
Hope the sun comes out tomorrow
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

I've heard about all that rain.  Really amazing.  I know it will head this way when she moves.  When ya live in Pa., you get used to constant rain.  Actually, it's been really lovely here for once.  Hope it clears up soon, though, because Fla has gotten way too much rain.  I can't believe the Olympics are over either.  Those two weeks flew.  HUGS Chris

Anonymous said...

We could use some of Faye's rain here in PA.  Hope you have a nice week.
Missie

Anonymous said...

We're a little dry here right now and could use some rain, but I'm afraid when we get it we'll get too much!  We can just never be happy, can we?  I hope it dries up for you guys soon, though.  Take care and have a good week!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Hey Bethe...want me to send my boys down to help you move the deck?  I'm sure for a little sun and surf they'd do it...lol.  Oh yeah, all rain.  I forgot.  Good luck and I'm sure if you wink and show a little leg someone will help you.  Grin...
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

They tell me Fay likes Florida and is planning to settle there.  D

Anonymous said...

i didnt watch the olympics never cared for it. Thats to cute the dog wanted to play cats are so evil when they want to be lol more scared than anything.

Anonymous said...

I loved that doggie one -hadn't done anything with it yet-thought about Nalas Journal-love the blinkie you made--(BTW-send me a link to your group,please??)
Tell Mr.Landlord-hands off-that it 'belongs' to you and you'll call the law for stealing if he takes one single board!!!!
Sorry bout the rain-I imagine we'll be getting the remnants soon.I got the yard mowed so now it can rain.Got to ride  my 4 wheeeler after I mowed-WooHoo.I needed that,LOL...........
Many cyber Hugs lil foxie
~c~

Anonymous said...

I've been watching the coverage of Fay on the Weather Channel and always thought about you...hoping it wasn't too bad for you.  I caught some of the Olympics, I had to DVR it since the events I wanted to see were on so late!!!  I thought is was a good Olympics overall and think the Chinese were good hosts despite all the negative comments about them.
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey, where is Mark? Make him help you with that deck. He owes ya!!

I'm sick of rain, too, Bethe. These last couple of days have been GORGEOUS, no? I hope that hurricane steers clear of FL altogether!!!!!!

Hugs,
Carol

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about Fay :(  that utterly sucks what she's done to Florida!!  With Gustav out there and no one really sure where it's going to land it's a scary thing also...we already had one hit Southern Texas and Gustav "might" hit the Galveston or Houston area...they are saying LA but no one knows, even a little bit of it hitting Galveston will do some major damage.  We are expecting "refugees" from LA in Eastern Texas as well as from the panhandle of Texas itself.  Praying that it won't be too bad.
Good luck on the deck ~ enlist reinforcements lol ~ appeal to the male egos out there.
Love your blinkies :)  Do you think you could make the bottom one with "Peace" on it for me? lol ~ Blessings** Teresa