Friday, August 29, 2008

~The Big Red Bump-Part 1~

 
 
 
 
 
 
I know I mentioned in a previous entry that things in the Park are slow.  It's summer in the south and besides the threats of storms the mood is low key and lazy.
 
 
Until one gets a ZIT.  A blemish the becomes a boil.
I guess I finally feel somewhat comfort talking about this now and it will probably end up being a 2 or 3 "part-er".
 
Remember way back in December, January, and February when I was seeing the "Adam"?
 
 
Remember the incident when he asked me to stay with Heather while he went to the store?  And when he got back he was talking to me about some things that were upsetting him about his workman's comp, lawyers and work.  He welled up with tears and reached under the sink and pulled out a bottle-whiskey or scotch from the size & shape of the bottle.  Then literally cried on my shoulder telling me it wasn't me, it was him.....
 
 
 
Then one day wewere sitting on the porch.  A glass in hand "Adam" again was telling me how he was getting screwed by Workman's Comp.  His voice getting louder and louder from the brown liquid in his glass.  Remember I told Art he was only adding to his problems by drinking.  And the liquor was not going to solve his problems?  I said my piece.  That was that.  We even went out a couple times afterwards because Heather wanted me to come along.
 
 
Well, life went on.  He went his way, I went mine.  I'd see him or Heather around the RV Park, wave "Hello" or take Jazzy over to Heather so she could pet her.  I did notice that when I did stop to talk "Adam" would never look me in the eye.
 
Ehhhh ~ no worries, right??
 
 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now -listen here -you can't leave us habging-we want the 'rest of the story'
<
.

Anonymous said...

The nominations have been driving me crazy. And now? No ending to the story? Tune in tomorrow? Don't do this to us!

Anonymous said...

I'm confused.

Anonymous said...

what does that have to do with a zit?

Anonymous said...

Spill it, sista.....what's going on? I thought Heather's dad's name was Art, not Adam? I, too, am confused. LOL

I'll look forward to the next installment of your story!!

Have a great day, Bethe!!!
hugs,
Carol

Anonymous said...

OK Bethe.  That was cruel.  Finish the story or I will hunt you down like a dog.  Nice tag BTW.  LOL.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

LOL, Bethe, do you like torturing us?  Cmon now and fill us in on the rest of the story.  I do remember telling you to run like the wind or something such as that.  I lived with an alcoholic far too long.  Anyway, I agree with the "spill it sista."  Love ya, Chris

Anonymous said...

So is he in your life or not lol ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I do remember all of that.....I too recall saying (or at least thinking) stay away from a drinker.  
xxx
Lisa