Wednesday, September 10, 2008

~Ike~





We've been getting wind gusts up to 30 mph and rain off & on from Hurricane Ike. Key West has evacuated for the 3rd time in 6 weeks. So many watch where the EYE is and don't realize that these hurricanes are 100-200-300 or in the case of Ike~ 900 miles wide. He's a biggin'. I sure hope the people in Texas evacutate because by the time he crosses the Gulf he's going to be one big monster. I've noticed that when my weather widget is done on my sidebar, it when a tropical storm or hurricane is in the area. Geezzz, just when I need the Doppler radar I can't get it.


I've been on the west coast of Florida for 15 years not, and although I am fairly used to things getting churned up this time of year, it's still a real pain in the tush! But, like I told y'all last winter....looks like paradise here in the winter, but we pay our price in the summer and fall.








So I have 2 reasons to really want to be in New York this time of year. One to ditch the Tropical storms. The other to see the season change into vivid colors of orange, red, yellow against the backdrop of the blue sky and green evergreens.


And I do miss the small town of Scotia where my grandparents lived & whom I felt safe with, but I actually lived there for the 6 years I was in Jr High & High School. Then stayed in New York for college. I miss lakes without alligators, I miss apples that are crisp and fresh, the smell of a wood burning fire on a crisp morning with the smell of baking bread.


Oh, September 11th, is my blogiversary! I am one year old.





12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love, love you fall tag Bethe.  I have a live cam of St. George Island and Panama City in my favorites and have been watching the seas churn up.  Of course, you're closer too.  Congrats on your one year anniversay.  Mine's not until December something???  Can't remember...old age.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and stay safe!

Anonymous said...

Congradulations!! Hope for the best prepare for the worst with the unmentionables that visit!
Growing up in Fl  I wasn't afraid. of the monsters. (too young) ..but then again that was before  computers lol so much has changed down there,but it will always be "home"..hunker down and stay safe!:)

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary.  Glad Ike is missing you.  I for one will enjoy fall for you.  I will try to take pictures etc... Love ya, Linda

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogaversary!  I love your Florida tag!  Have  a good one.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary((Cool word))!!!!
I have blogged off and on with different ((many)) blog names,but If I recall-I was there at the almost beginning of journaling.I had a yahoo journal at one time but it was too hard to figure out,LOLPea brain ya know,LOl.
I have moved my journal from the UK to the U.S.A. since I moved it to get away from the darn ads and now they have them but no polls.Will get my new one up and running before long.Come by for a look-see later
Love ya lil foxie
connie

Anonymous said...

Happy Blog Birthday to you!!  It has been active with hurricanes, I hope you stay safe.  My thoughts are with everyone who will be affected.
xx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogoversary. Hope indeed the Texans heed the warnings

Anonymous said...

One of the reasons I moved back to NY from Fla. was because I missed seeing the seasons change. I wouldn't give up a NY Fall for anything. By the end of Sept. I'll be taking plenty of trips up to the endless mtns. just to see the Autumn colors. It's my fav. time of the year.

Happy Blog Anniversary! May you have many, many more years ahead of journaling friendship and writing dear friend. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Oh Bethe, I am sooooo with you on the stress of storms here, etc. I've been here 26 years this coming Oct. 2nd....and the older I get, the less secure I feel living on the Gulf coast. :( Like you, I would LOVE to be a snowbird and get the heck out of Dodge during Hurricane season. Like you, I would LOVE to see the leaves change again up North. That is one of the very FIRST things Rob and I will do when he retires -- a trip to the Northeast in the fall. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Hugs,
:) Carol

Anonymous said...

I have a post card I got from Florida like that when we were down there...too funny, in a weird sort of way..lol. You dont have to go all the way to New York to see the leaves change for goodness sake! Just go to the N Ga mountains! Its beautiful up there in the Fall. Happy anniversary on your blog. :) I dont even know when mine is, I guess I should check sometime. Hugs, Kelly

Anonymous said...

i live for fall too! can i snag your tag??  ;-)
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/