Thursday, September 11, 2008

~WHEN WE WE HAVE PEACE?~

 
 
 
 
 
Today is September 11th, a day like all Americans I also remember the needless  end to the 3,000 souls that took place seven years ago.   It is also a day I feel profound sadness that I've to been witness to some (3 out of 4) of the greatest advocators of peace of all time that were assassinated  for their inspirational words & strife for world peace. It is 60 yrs after Ghandi was assassinated, about 45 yrs after MLK and JFK, and 28 yrs after John Lennon and we at still at war.  
 
 
Unfortunately, I can't defend the decisions of our President.  So much information is "Classified".  It is my opinion that our special forces units such as the green berets and the navy seals should be able to find Osama bin Laden & disban al-Qa'ida.   But, I do know that I won't wish death on any other human being.  Yes, terrorism should be put to an end.  But, doesn't violence beget violence?
Shouldn't peace beget peace?
If our country is so great shouldn't we "Lead by example"
 
 
 
 
 
This is a beautiful tribute found at Teresa's Journal-Remembering to Exhale 
 
 
 
 
 
I happened to be camping in Canada at the time and didn't have access to a TV for a few days.  The attitude of the Canadian people astounded me! They actually believe "Americans deserve what happened". And Americans are so " arrogant"!  'We' (Americans) believe we can police the world, cause war, and install chosen leaders in whatever country we want".   The destruction was right in front of their eyes and yet, the people around me truly believed those innocent people "deserved it".
 
You all know I do not use my journal as a political, religious platform or a soapbox.  I am saying what I feel here, now, today.
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well John Lennon sure is in some high esteemed company here,Bethe....

Anonymous said...

I'm sure there are alot of ignorant people in countries who will voice that opinion.  Do you remember the ones dancing in the streets and rejoicing?  But who is the first to arrive when their countries are under attack, be it by man or nature?  Linda

Anonymous said...

I love Ghandi's "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."  Powerful stuff for which I have no answers either.  Sad.  I know France was pretty much the same as Canada.  Weird because it was far from only Americans that perished.  Loved the tribute!  HUGS Chris

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Tribute. I thought John Lennon's "Imagine" was an appropiate reminder for today. I used it on my own journal for that reason as well. If only we could imagine a world free of war and pain...

Loved the video from Theresa and the wonderful graphic you made in tribute hon! (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

This is a great video.  I remember seeing people cheering when that happened, I just wrote it off to ignorance and a total lack of humanity.  Regardless,  those who lost their lives that day will be remembered and honored by many, many people across the globe.  WE will never forget...never.  
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Very nice tribute.  Congratulations on your one year anniversary.  Keep the light ccoming.             D