Monday, October 6, 2008

An Ah-Ha Moment

I called AOL this time. instead of online Tech Support.  It took another 1 1/2 hours.  What I accomplished is that I now know HOW to get AOL completely out of my computer when my time runs out here. 

 

That AND a bit of information....I said to Techie "I hear that AOL will be no more as of January". 

He said, "We are not allowed to comment on that issue". 

While waitng for all the Uninstalling, Restartind, deleting program files, restarting  I said to Techie that it certianly appears with AOL closing Journals and pictures and sending us all to Google that either there is a merger taking place or Google is buying out AOL.  ::silence::

I don't Techie really knows.  I've been with companies that were sold and even with me being in management I wasn't priviliged to any information.

Certainly if it wasn't true AOL would give instructions to say it isn't true.  Not an "We aren't allowed to comment".

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah boy-lets all get busy printing up important 'saved' mail,confirmations,addys,product registrations,what-have-you before it is too late!!
Hugs lil foxie...

Anonymous said...

LOL...right on, Bethie.  My BF told me he heard a few months ago that Google had bought out AOL.  I sort of wondered about that.  Why else would another server be so willing to migrate 100,000 or more journals.  Plus, AOL is absolutely running horribly with all types of error messgages.  They are letting the house fall apart before they sell it.  HUGS  Chris  Don't give up, Bethe, and move to blogger, puhlease!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that is a strange answer for him to give you.  You are probably right about AOL closing up for good.  Time will tell.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I've heard that for over a year...  but with things falling as they are I wouldn't be surprised.  I do hope you'll move over to blogger
hugs

Anonymous said...

Hmm Curiouser and curiouser ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of getting rid of AOL anyway and find another provider, hope to see you soon

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

Told you so!  Won't you come over to blogger?  I'll miss you!
Missie

Anonymous said...

If you do leave, PLEASE take my email address with you as I am blogless and intend to remain that way!!!

:) Carol

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure it is true and, while I like AOL mailbox, I won't shed too many tears.  I'll just uninstall (as I've had to do many times because the program messed up) and move on to whoever LilA decides to use (probably Google).  It's folks on dial-up that will have to figure out the next move.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Well it sounds to me like there is a MERGER or BUYOUT in the works because for one you don't just close your blogs and then graciously transfer them to another blog place UNLESS you are gonna own that blog place ya know? Sorry you're having so many problems. I know a lot of people are just transferring to Yahoo mail and other places to get off AOL mail.
I have three free AOL accounts that I use for PSP, but I guess I will have to go somewhere else with my stuff. I am greatful that I haven't paid money for AOL for a long time. I'm on Road Runner, but if you asked me my email addy I couldn't tell you. I think I have checked it once when I first got it installed.
This cutting emails will effect me because I have a private journal and in order to get in I have to have your email address. Plus it's gonna keep me out of everyones because I'll have to use another address too. Boy more work.
Take care, Chrissie
http://almostparadise3.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

MY NEW HOME

http://lyn-britsblog.blogspot.com/