Wednesday, October 1, 2008

~Here Kitty~

 

This was a lesson challenge.  I had to do it this way-not sure I like it.

.

It might not have been a mouse, but it was a little critter.  I edited out the part where I had to open her mouth to do a swipe and swoosh.  

 

Oh, Mau'i is a REALLY good cat.  She has never jumped on the counters, climbed the curtains, the shower curtian, or the screen door.  She doesn't beg for food & has never pee's or poohed in the house.  After she started going out in July I never had to empty the box again.  So that thing had been gone for a couple months now.   Every night she sleeps in her crate and at 6: 15 she meows a couple times for me to take her out.  I put her out with fresh water and kibble and I go back to bed.  Yep I tell her to "Go eat a Bug"!

 

And except for the morning wake up call she only meows outdoors to me.  Indoors not a peep. Isn't that an odd thing?

 

  This morning I heard the tink, tink, tink of her tags and thought this is good I'll just go get her before she meows.  Ha!  She didn't have to.  She had somehow gotten out of the crate.  I must not have completely had the door latched in.   This video is only 45 seconds long.  She is one wild & crazy girl.

 

 

 

 

Today I saw 3 of Maui's 4 brothers and was able to pet them.  Miss Mau'i is only about half as big as the one Ingrid calls "the Runt".  They are all orange tigers,  coats are rough & coarse.  Their heads large & are all very muscular.    I do brush Mau'i a couple times a day for a few minutes to get the dirt and hair off her before I let her in the house & have noticed a big difference in how nice & sleek she is looking.  

 

Before I get razzed for totally spoiling her I must tell you that she has claimed the couch has her own (well, the spot between Jazzy & I).  She cleans the dirt from her paws & fur on the sheet covering it.  I was cleaning up the fur & sand she left behind a couple times a day.   Not only that, but one evening after she ate & then commenced to clean herself she jumped up & urked on me & the laptop. All in one gracful motion.

Think that's gross?   Ya should have been on this side of the screen :  /

With me brushing her she is not grooming nearly as much an I am no longer giving her a full serving of kibble when she comes in at night.   Yes, I'm trainable!

 

 * If you a re having trouble viwing You-Tubes they've been doing maintenance off & on for a week.    

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is adorable Bethe.  When I had my cat, I bought a tube of stuff that tastes like liver to cats and keeps the hair balls down.  You just put a dab on your finger or the cats paw once a week and they lick it off.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

The kitten is getting so big and she's so adorable.  She's at that fun, playful age.
Missie
www.missiesupsidedownworld.com

Anonymous said...

Oh Shit-I am dying laughing here...
I have never read a funnier line.............
Think that's gross?   Ya should have been on this side of the screen :  /

That's my lil foxie................................

                                 ~c~

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth, just to give you my new link as AOL Journals is closing down.

http://cayasm-isntshegreat.blogspot.com

Hugs

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

I love kittens -- they are super playful! Maui is a doll!! I brush Phoo every night and it helps so much. She's a medium-hair and Parker is a short-hair. There's a difference, that's for sure -- Phoo's brush fills up twice every time I brush her and Parker sheds alot less. They both do better with brushing and seem to love it, especially Phoo!!

thanks for sharing! Oh and I was wondering if Maui had reconnected with her sibs -- does she play with them??

hugs,
carol

Anonymous said...

I am pet-weary at this point.  My Yorkie is still in the vet hospital with congestive heart failure.  I may become a non-pet owner in the near future.  It's too much heartbreak.

Russ

Anonymous said...

awwwwww she is SO cute :) made me sit here and smile like a idiot ROFL.  Thank you so much for sharing this :)  Blessings Bethe** Teresa

http://shadowsofthemoon.blogspot.com/