Tuesday, September 23, 2008

~Celebration of the Late Autumn Harvest~

         

 

 Yesterday was the Day of the Autumn Harvest/Mabon/Fall Equinox. September 22nd marked the day where the day and night are equally divided.   I spent the day nuturing and loving my Plants as I repotted them.  The Herbs and Pineapple are doing great.   Jasmine & I went across the street to Crystal Beach to collect some Shells  & Sand to Renew the replace the Sand and Shells I have in the Earthenware container that sits next to my door.  In the other terra cotta planter I have Rosemary.  I picked a few Avocados from the tree along the fence as they are just coming into season now. It's so nice of this wonderful Tree to provide me fruitful nourishment through the Fall months.

 

 

 

 

 

For my little feast I roasted a Cornish Game Hen with Rosemary,  baby Carrots, & Red Potatoes, homemade Applesauce , one of  the Avocados sliced,  and cinnamon sugar cookies (Snicker Doodles).  On the table I placed  cinnamon candles that I pulled from the cupboard along with my little corn husk men and purple and orange Indian corn along with a couple of Miss Tree's fruit, lite the Candles and and put some Orange Oil in the tart burner.  A small alter which was so nice to reflect upon my life the past year and the changes that have taken place....I gave thanks for friendships, the plants that  grow so naturally for me, and the Animals I nurture.  I ate my little feast of Mabon as I felt closer to Mother Earth and at Peace.

 

 

  

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Bethe.  Wish I could have been there with you.  
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I never heard of this day-but so glad you know of it and celebrated it in such a nice way.
Many hugs lil foxie

Anonymous said...

That sounds perfect Bethe.  I didn't know the day and night are equally divided on this day.  What a perfectly natural day you had.
xx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

This sounds very nice Bethe..  Linda

Anonymous said...

sounds great and so festive :)
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

I feel at peace just reading this entry!  Lovely.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely entry, Bethe!! Dinner sounded great.

Speaking of food, any word on lunch yet?

hugs,
Carol

Anonymous said...

For this Northeasterner picking avacados from a tree sounds like a fantasy.  D

Anonymous said...

Sounds wondeful, just perfect!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

I celebrated by going to a local apple orchard and buying some fresh apples.  Enjoy your night.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Lovely (smiling) you are learning! Proud of you...and beautiful feast you had, the Goddess appreciated it also I know! Blessings*** Teresa

Anonymous said...

What a peaceful, lovely way to bring in the change of the season.  Wow, how nice to have an avocado tree handy.  It costs me well over $4 for one or two avocado's that are probably weeks old. Hugs, Chris